2013-Present Representative HD-49, Colorado General Assembly
- Elected by Republican colleagues as the Caucus Whip from 2017 to present.
- Transportation and Energy Committee
- Education Committee
- Agriculture, Livestock and Natural Resources Committee
- Legislative Council
- Interim Committee for Wildfires Matters
- Interim Study Committee for Opioid and other Substance Use Disorders
- Interim Committee for Police Officers and Firefighters Pension Reform
As a member of the minority party, I sponsored thirteen bills that were signed into law.
- HB18-1300 Bachelor Nursing Completion Degree Local District College,
- SB18-001 Transportation Infrastructure Funding,
- HB17-1115 Direct Primary Health Care Services,
- HB17-1094 Telehealth Coverage Under Health Benefit Plans,
- HB16-1047 Interstate Medical Licensure Compact,
- HB 16-1142 Rural & Frontier Health Care Preceptor Tax Credit,
- HB16-1339 Agriculture Property Foreclosures,
- HB15-1017 Volunteer Fire Department Organization,
- HB15- 1029 Health Care Delivery Via Telemedicine Statewide,
- HB15-1340 Extend Multiple Sclerosis Check-off,
- SB15-085 Small Business Cottage Foods,
- HJR14-1010 Flood Recovery Efforts Recognition,
- HB13-1109 Apply Protection Orders to Parolees.
- National Federation of Independent Business, 100% Voting Record
- Western Conservative Summit 2019 Faith, Family and Freedom Award
- Principles of Liberty Freedom Award, Conservative Voting Record 2013-18
- Colorado Union of Taxpayers Champion, 2013, 2014, 2018
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, 2017 Legislator of the Year, State of Colorado
- Colorado Civil Justice League Award, 2013-18
- Americans for Prosperity, Pinnacle of Prosperity Award, 2018, Champions of Economic Freedom, 2016
- Colorado Medical Society Legislative Award, 2017
- Champion of Economic Freedom Award, Americans For Prosperity Colorado, 2016
- Colorado Farm Bureau, Distinguished Service Award, 2015
- National Association of Royalty Owners, Legislator of the Year, 2015
- Honorary Member, Coalition of Independent Riders, 2014
- Patriot League, Friend of Motherhood Award, 2014
- National Pro-Life Women’s Caucus, Susan B Anthony List Award, 2014
2008-2013 | President and CEO, Northern Colorado Event Planning
- Successfully created, planned and executed 27 events throughout Northern Colorado.
- Duties included budgeting, marketing, negotiating contracts, theme development, drafting and distributing press releases, creating on-line registration process, obtaining sponsorships, and increasing attendance.
2008-2013 | Member, Weld County Council
- Set salaries for elected county officials. Received annual reports from Weld County Department Directors. Attended monthly meetings and received citizen input.
2004-2008 | Vice President for Business Development, Cache Bank and Trust
- Coordinated business development for all departments and developed community interest for new programs.
- Developed strategic marketing and public relations plans for multiple branches in Denver and Northern Colorado.
- Provided financial counseling for bank clients.
- Coordinated community outreach projects including a successful senior program.
2003-2004 | Vice President for Residential Real Estate, New Frontier Bank
- Managed residential real estate department for secondary market including originating residential loans, supervising preparation of underwriting materials, loan processing, sales and marketing.
1999-2003 | North Eastern Business Development Representative, Colorado Governor’s Office of Economic Development, International Trade and Tourism
- Governor’s business liaison for Northeast Colorado.
- Business advocate for rural Colorado projects involving wind energy, plant-based pharmaceuticals, bio-diesel and ethanol.
- Represented governor on economic development boards including Executive Board of Colorado Rural Development Council, Tri-State Economic Initiative Board, Progressive 15 Board, Colorado Coalition Board, Ports to Plains Study Group, Eastern Plains Mobility Study Committee, Colorado Action Group for Ethanol.
1996-1999 | Mortgage Loan Specialist, First Choice Bank
- Originated residential loans, processed loan documentation, prepared underwriting materials.
Additional Work Experience
1994-1996 | Senior Tax Analyst, Tele-Communications, Inc
1993-1994 | Staff Accountant, Bondi and Co.
1991-1992 | Project manager, Giltspur, Inc. USA
1980-1984 | Bachelor of Arts in English, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
1992-1993 | Studied Upper Level Accounting Classes, Fort Lewis College, Durango, CO
2004-2013 | Northern Colorado Legislative Alliance Board
2010-2013 | Northern CO Women’s Development Council
2008-2013 | Progressive 15 Board
2009-2013 | Leadership Prayer Breakfast Board
2010 | Women’s Development Council Board
2006-2008 | Greeley Chamber of Commerce, Govt. Affairs Comm.
2008 | City of Greeley Planning and Advisory Committee
2008 | Habitat for Humanity Breakfast Organizer
2008 | Downtown Greeley Development Authority, Membership Chair
2005-2007 | Partners of Weld County Board, Advisory Board
1998-2006 | Schaffer Enterprise Board
2000-2004 | United Way Board, Campaign Co-Chair 2004
1998-2003 | Boy Scout Explorer Board,
1999 | Annual Dinner Fundraising Chair
1998-2000 | United Way Cabinet Member, Loaned Executive in the 1997-1998
1998-2000 | Greeley Philharmonic Board
1998-2000 | Leadership Weld Advisory Board
1999 | Multiple Sclerosis Annual Bike-a-thon Organizer
1984-Pres. | Philanthropic Education Organization for Women
1999-Pres. | Greeley Rotary Member, Board Member 2001-2002
2000-Pres. | Genesis Project of Northern Colorado, Advisory Board
2019 | No on Proposition CC, Weld County Chair
2018-Present | Republican Study Committee of Colorado, Chair
2009-2013 | Colorado Federation of Republican Women, President, Vice-President
2003-2010 | Greeley Republican Women, President, Vice-President
2004-2009 | Colorado State Republican Party, Vice-Chair (2 terms), Secretary
1997-2004 | Wednesday Morning Republican Breakfast, Chair